- ANHBC is seeking members for our Board of Directors
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC is seeking members for our Board of Directors for a minimum two-year term starting in September, 2014. At least two positions will be vacant at the end of the current term.
Established in 1896, ANHBC is one of BC’s longest-standing nonprofit organizations. Our mission is to make neighbourhoods better places to live. As a volunteer-driven community service agency, our goal is to enable people to embrace their lives and strengthen their communities. Our challenge is to work with communities to develop innovative programs and services that meet the changing needs of a diverse population.
AHNBC is comprised of a network of seven Neighbourhood Houses in the Lower Mainland along with the Sasamat Outdoor Centre. Our annual operating expenses for the 2013-14 fiscal year totaled just under $18 million. For more detailed information about ANHBC visit our website at www.anhbc.org.
As a new member of the Board of Directors, you will join a skilled, hardworking team that follows a policy-based style of governance. AHNBC’s 15 Directors are responsible for supporting the ANHBC to plan, raise resources, develop a public presence, manage financial and other resources, manage risk, and ultimately to carry out the mission and mandate of the organization.
We are seeking applicants to can contribute skills and knowledge in any of these areas, but especially in the areas of:
- Social work, youth and family services;
- Experience with the justice system;
- Experience with immigration or settlement services;
- Finance with a focus in non-profit management;
- Non-profit governance.
Benefits of serving on the ANHBC Board include:
- Strengthening your governance and leadership skills;
- Expanding your network;
- Learning from your peers and sharing your expertise;
- Contributing to the health and well-being of thousands of your neighbours here in BC;
- Being part of an international movement to make neighbourhoods better places to live for everyone.
The Board of Directors meets monthly with a break over the summer months. Meetings are typically held on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:30 to 9:00 pm.
Applications are due by the end of the day on Monday, August 18, 2014. See the “ANHBC Board Candidate Information Sheet” on http://www.anhbc.org/volunteer.php
For more information contact Deb Bryant, ANHBC’s Chief Executive Officer at 604 875 9111 ex 107 or email@example.com.
- Did you know?
- Incorporated in 1894, the Association of Neighbourhood Houses was the 36th non-profit society in BC. Since then, our 117 year old Association has grown into an organization of eight Neighbourhood Houses and an Outdoor Centre.
- ANHBC's NH's and Camps serve more than 100,000 people a year, or 17% of the population of Vancouver - that's half of the Translink passenger rides on any given day!
For general enquiries, please contact ANH Central Services at firstname.lastname@example.org